Minutes of the Committee Meeting of the
Albrighton & District Civic Society
held at 31/32 High St, Albrighton,
on Monday 8th May 2017 at 2pm

Present :      
Peter Woodman - Chairman
Rod Smith – Secretary
Bob Hickson
Peter Illes
Ron Kidson
Phyl Woodman
David Thomas (ex-officio representing Boningale PC) . John Bulmer

1. Apologies received from Gaynor Richards,  Mike Pitchford, David Beechey (ex-officio representing Donington-with-Boscobel PC).
The committee was very saddened to note the passing of Peter Leigh one of the founder members of the Society and until some months ago a very active member.

 2. Minutes of Meeting of 3rd April 2017 were approved except for a correction to be made - PI was in attendance at that meeting.

3. Treasurer’s Report.– MP had provided a written report: Albrighton & District 41 Club had generously made a £100 donation. ACTION PW to write to them with thanks.
Balance at bank is £1831.61.

4. To consider progress in regard to following main issues

a) Village Entrances Scheme.
Entrances at Patshull Lane/A464.
PI suggested that the roses could be moved to the Nature Reserve in October/November
ACTION: RK to ask Don Hickman if they would accept them.

b) Eyesores.
BH reported that Steve Browne at SC was not responding to his nor to PW’s emails for updates.
ACTION: PW to invite to Steve Browne to come to a next committee meeting.
BH tabled a schedule of work needed to road name signs – many need just cleaning. PI reported that Albrighton Parish council receive a grant of about £800 per annum for the Alb PC workman to clean the signs.  ACTION: BH will ask the Clerk to action the work.
BH tabled a draft of a banner for comment.
PhylW reported that the wall of the ex-malt house adjacent to Chestnut House, High St was crumbling with debris falling onto the footpath and presenting a poor appearance.
Ex Barclays Bank. PW reported that Ian Kilby, SC Head of Planning, had confirmed that the planning approval has expired but if a re-application was made it would probably be granted.

c) Swimming Pool.  PW reported that the Friends of Albrighton Swimming Pool (FASP) Lottery were halfway to the first target of having 350 people signed up. FASP and the Swimming Club had agreed to share a stall at Fayre day.
FASP has arranged a concert at Albrighton Primary school for Saturday 14th October 2017 to raise funds.

d) Station Pedestrian access Ramp. RS, as Secretary of the Ramp Team, reported that the action was with the Alb PC Clerk to obtain a quotation as an addition to their Public Liability insurance. We are also waiting for Alb PC to write to Alice Dilly SC for the excessive length of yellow lines at the south side of Station Rd between approx No. 56 and a point near Shaw Lane to be removed.

e) Traffic matters including Parking.
One of the Society’s projects is to try to have the Society’s request for a Comprehensive Review of Traffic Issues in the District included in County and/or Village Plans.
ACTION: We wait until the work for the new Albrighton Place Plan is started and then make a new approach. DB had previously advised that the Alb PC Clerk is responsible to start this work.

f) Albrighton Station Adopt-a-Station Scheme. Waiting until after the PC election and a new council is formed to then arrange a joint presentation by LM to the two councils and the Society.

5. Matters arising

6. AOB

a) PI reported that Alb PC has to vacate the garage in Ash Grove and relocate their equipment to storage at the Melville Club

Next  meeting:  2p.m. Monday 5th June 2017 at 31/32 High St. (Peter Woodman’s house). 

Following Meeting will be at 2pm on Monday 3rd July 2017.

All future AGMs are on the second Monday of October

Public Meeting & AGM is at 7.00pm on Monday 9th October 2017