Minutes of the Committee Meeting of the
Albrighton & District Civic Society
held at 31/32 High St, Albrighton,
on Monday 7th August 2017 at 2pm

Present :      
Peter Woodman - Chairman
Rod Smith – Secretary
Bob Hickson
Mike Pitchford - Treasurer
Ron Kidson
Gaynor Richards
Phyl Woodman
David Beechey (ex-officio representing Donington-with-Boscobel PC)

1. Apologies received from Peter Illes, and David Thomas (ex-officio representing Boningale PC)

 2. Minutes of Meeting of 3rd July 2017 were approved.

3. Treasurer’s Report.– MP reported following income at Fayre £97 renewals, £56 new members, donations £14.50 and plant sales £73. Committee thanks John Bulmer for the majority of donated plants and RS. MP has paid Red House for hall for public meeting and Historical Society will pay half to ADCS. Closing balance £2208.86
Aeon has advised that they will exist the Public Liability market and that BHIB will take over as our new insurer. Tom Maguire has agreed to take over as the new auditor.

4. To consider progress in regard to following main issues

a) Village Entrances Scheme.
Kingswood Rd/A41.
MP reported that SC’s contractor has only cut half of the area (the half alongside the A41) and he will chase up SC again.

b) Eyesores.
Ex-Barclays Bank:- PW reported no response from the owner SEP Properties, Litchfield. Ian Kilby has been asked to meet Alb PC over planning issues including the Bank. IK has confirmed that Planning Approval has expired but that a new application would be approved.
House at corner Windsor Rd/Woodland Close with overgrown front garden:-  BH reported that he had sent photos to SC who had said that it was not bad enough to come out to view. A neighbour had reported that the plants are disturbing his foundations – ACTION: BH will go to meet the neighbour.

c) Swimming Pool. 
RS reported that Albrighton Swimming Pool Action Group (ASPAG) has two different representatives from Alb PC – PW and MP. MP reported that David Brady has taken over the detailed running of the Lottery from David Alcock.

d) Traffic matters including Parking.
One of the Society’s projects is to try to have the Society’s request for a Comprehensive Review of Traffic Issues in the District included in County and/or Village Plans.
ACTION: We wait until the work for the new Albrighton Place Plan is started and then make a new approach. DB had previously advised that the Alb PC Clerk is responsible to start this work.

e) Albrighton Station Adopt-a-Station Scheme. MP reported that Phil Ogle from Rectory Rd (volunteer at the Nature Reserve) and Alison Taylor (Platform Ale House) will lead the Group and will put an announcement in the parish magazine to recruit volunteers. It was agreed that ADCS will support the Scheme and also the Group. Alb PC will also be asked to support the scheme.

f) East of Shaw Lane Development. A revised Planning Application has been made. ACTION: as councillors PW, DB & TM will meet David Thompson next Thursday for an update.

g) Albrighton Station. RS reported that at the August Alb PC meeting it was agreed that a) the Pedestrian Ramp would be included in the PC Pub Liab insurance and that the broker had confirmed no additional premium and b) new PC representatives on the Ramp Team are PW and TM.

5. Matters arising

a) Promotional Brochure. ACTION: BH will propose a revised edition for comment prior to te next meeting

b) Margaret Brookes campaign for an improved bus service.
Margaret has gathered more than 300 signatures to her petition and has written to Ariva. Alb PCV will be asked to also write to Ariva.
ACTION: RS to write to Ariva on behalf of ADCS

c) School Awards Scheme. As RAF Cosford celebrates its 70th anniversary then
Topic for 2018: “RAF Cosford, its history and its relationship to our community”.

d) Flower Competition.
Some entries have come in. ACTION:RS will display some Posters.

e) Banner. BH summarised the position and said STAR housings funds were not available for banners. It was agreed that we proceed to buy 3 banners (with facility to change the date numerals) from Voodoo Designs after we check if the price for 1 banner is substantially less than for 3.

6. AOB

a) Proposal by SC to charge for car parking at the Crown Car Park which they lease from the brewery. DB confirmed that SC has just renewed its lease. ACTION: DB will put an article in the parish magazine to advise that a SC Questionnaire is available in the Library for return by 17th October. ACTION: committee asked RS to write in the parish magazine article that the committee objects to the charge and ask members and residents to send in the questionnaire to SC.

b) Public Meeting & AGM 9th October
It was agreed that possible topics could be:-
- Update of the East of Shaw Lane Development [Post Meeting Note: David Thompson has
agreed to make a presentation]
- Proposed Parking Charges at the Crown
- Adopt-a-Stn update

Next  meeting:  2p.m. Monday 4th September 2017 at 31/32 High St. (Peter Woodman’s house). 

Following Meeting will be at 2pm on Monday 2nd October 2017.


Public Meeting & AGM is at 7.00pm on Monday 9th October 2017

All future AGMs are on the second Monday of October