Minutes of the Committee Meeting of the
Albrighton & District Civic Society
held at 31/32 High St, Albrighton,
on Monday 5th February 2018 at 2pm

Present :      
Peter Woodman - Chairman
Rod Smith – Secretary
Mike Pitchford - Treasurer
Bob Hickson
Mike Pitchford - Treasurer
Gaynor Richards
Phyl Woodman
David Beechey (ex-officio representing Donington-with-Boscobel PC)

1. Apologies received from Ron Kidson, and David Thomas (ex-officio representing Boningale PC)

 2. Minutes of Meeting of 8th January 2018 were approved.

3. Treasurer’s Report.– MP reported that the grant from STAR Housing had been received. Banmk balance was £3,106.88

4. To consider progress in regard to following main issues

a) Village Entrances Scheme.
Patshull Lane/A464.BH reported that the roses had been cut down to about 2’ high. MP said it had been done at his request by Dvid Marshal at the same time as he cut the hedges

b) Eyesores.
BH reported that the council warden had washed the street signs but it had not improved them very much so the PC had bough paint  but he needed to wait until the temperature was above 80 C. PI suggested that BH ask the PC Clerk to ask all Cllrs that they report which signs need painting when they carry out their street watch (set up by Cllr BH).
A resident had reported street lights near the Station not working.  ACTION: PW will ask which and report them on SC’s website system.

c) Crown Car Park
SC had confirmed that their proposal to charge is not to go ahead. The campaign with the Society’s version of the questionnaire for the Consultation has been effective in helping get this result.

d) New Albrighton Leaflet
GR reported that the producers of the artwork for the original brochure will make it available for a charge of £30.

e). Audio Equipment.
Alex Straney had promised that an /RAF contact may help but MP had not heard from him. MP in contact with a neighbour who may be able to help.

f) East of Shaw Lane Development. Still no response to the request that Ian Kilby and Richard Fortune meet with PW and M Pate

g) Pedestrian Access at Station. RS reported that he, PW, MP and M Pate had met Mark Pritchard MP and updated him. Mark will write to Dept for Transport to ask for confirmation of the waiver regarding the Equality Act and confirmation that the new franchisee (West Midland Trains) would carry out the operational maintenance

5. Matters arising

a) Albrighton Business Forum. GR reported that a meeting is called on 26th March at 6.30pm at Platform Alehouse. GR had drafted a letter for the current Chairman and would deliver the letters to the traders to try to encourage them to keep trhe Forum going.

b) Albrighton Club and Society Event.
It was agreed that the Society will pay for the Red House hire. Free for clubs to have a half-table and free entrance for residents. The Society will have a table to collect subscriptions and renewals

 

c) School Awards Scheme. UPDATE – ASK RAF CO TO JUDGE??????

d) Flower Com<<<<????

6. AOB

a) Tong Garden Villages
PW reported that he had been contacted by Paul Fisher (Tong PC Chairman)with an invitation to a meeting tonight to discuss the proposal by Viscount Newport for 10,000 houses surrounding Tong village. RS and DB will attend and report back to ADCS and to the PCs.

b) Friends of the Station.
.MP reported that had held their first meeting and that David Austin Roses representative was there and they strongly support the group. They are considering acquiring benches. PI said that Network Rail is likely to have funds for this – ACTION: MP to advise the Friends.

 
Next  meeting:  2p.m. Monday 12th March 2018 at 31/32 High St. (Peter Woodman’s house). 

Following Meeting will be at 2pm on Monday 2nd April 2018.

DATES FOR YOUR DIARY: -

Public Meeting & AGM is at 7.00pm on Monday ???? October 2018

All future AGMs are on the second Monday of October